First of all, yes I really am posting TWO DAYS IN A ROW! It really is a miracle, I know....
Anyway, last night we experienced a whole new parenting adventure. Our poor guy woke up screaming. I snuck into his room to cover him again which is what his problem generally is in the middle of the night. He manages to wiggle out from under his blankets but hasn't quite figured out how to pull them back up. This time when I went in and was feeling for his little body, I instead reached right into a very wet and nasty mess. Poor Eli had thrown up in his bed!
I retreated from his room, with the "Honey, I'm going to need your help with this one" response. I grabbed Eli and headed for the bathroom. While I washed his hair and changed his clothes, Jess changed his sheets and got some water for our bug. It wasn't long before he was at it again, but this time we at least aimed him toward the bathtub. We cleaned everything up and decided to hang out watching tv for a little bit. We sat on our bed for a bit. About 20 minutes later, our third adventure had begun. This time I took Eli straight to a bath (yes, the tub had been thoroughly cleaned) and new clothes for all while someone else changed another set of sheets. After a complete bath, a few sips of water, and a third set of jammies Eli went back to bed. He managed to make it through the night and has been in a great mood today. He is taking quite the nap right now though, making up for that hour and a half we were up last night while he didn't feel good. Poor munchkin!
At any rate, it's pretty amazing that we've made it 20 1/2 months without this happening. There was one minor occurrence when he was still in his crib, but it was NOTHING compared to last night. I am not someone who can generally take the odor or sight of vomit, however, it didn't phase me at all. There's something about your own child not feeling well that takes over all natural reflexes. Today has been filled with laundry though. Sheets, comforters, jammies, towels, you name it! Thank goodness he's feeling better!
3 comments:
Ahh, the waking up to vomit scenario. We had that. We ended up bringing Mac into bed with us (after covering the bed in towels) and pretty much I got thrown-up on all night. Yeah, it was awesome. Of course, we both got it within the next 48 hours... and so did my parents (who were visiting at the time).
Not to scare you or anything. :)
Yuck. Those nights aren't any fun at all. That's really weird because that's exactly what Alexis was doing the other day. I don't know if you read the workoutchics site yet. Although that was during the day, and not at night. Thankfully Natalie is at the age, and is able, to be able to tell if she's going to throw up and can get to the bathroom in time... usually... So those adventures will get better, hopefully! Sorry Eli, but glad to hear you're feeling better!
Poor little guy! And after we had such a good time yesterday! I hope Forest didn't give it to him (though he hasn't had those symptoms in the last month or so).
In any case, I'm glad he is feeling better!
Post a Comment