School has been going wonderfully. I really enjoy my class, even my two "behavior" kids. Honestly, these two kids are no worse than the typical kid in my last position. The only difference is that rowdy behavior is not acceptable here, and is dealt with immediately, not looked over or deemed the problem of the teacher. 98% of the kids are actually attending to their learning and pay attention and participate! It's amazing. All of my kids are extremely fun and I am so excited to be their teacher.
I did have my first "oh my gosh" moment on day two, however. One of my students, bless her little heart, tripped (on her foot? there was nothing on the floor) and split her lip open on the corner of one of the supply carts - which is pushed up against the wall, out of the way - and ended up getting 4 stitches! The poor thing didn't want to go to the nurse, but I made her, who called home immediately, and she was rushed off to the ER by Mom and Dad. I felt horrible when I found out. I know I couldn't have done anything to prevent it, but what an awful way to start a new school year. So, she hasn't been at school since Wednesday but will probably be back at school either Monday or Tuesday, depending on the swelling, and if the stitches were removed this weekend. Poor thing.
Oh, I did say I would post some pictures of my classroom and of course haven't done that yet. I have a few that were taken 'pre-students' but things have changed a little since then. At any rate, it gives you a basic idea of what I'm working with. I have a great room. Tons of storage and cabinets - something I did not have in my old classroom.


Other than school starting, we went to the Cougar game last weekend. It was supposed to be Eli's first game, but he ended up with some sort of viral infection and was covered from head to toe in spots, so instead we went to the game and Eli spent the day with Grandma and Grandpa. I'm sure he had more fun there anyway, playing outside, getting a nap, playing and reading books with Grandpa and Grandma, and playing with the 3 beagles. :) After the game, Jonalee, Kyla, the Berglaps, and Elsbeth all came over and we watched the Husky game and played some Wii. Jeff was by far the funniest ski jumper I've seen, so had to take pictures of that special event.Me, Kim, and Elsbeth just before Kickoff.





2 comments:
Your classroom looks so big!! So tidy..I love the beginning of school when everything is so neat! Your poor little split lip girl. She must be so embarassed.
It sounds like your new school is a lot like the school I did my student teaching at. Lots of teacher support and great students! I hope I find a school like that to work in!
It looks like you guys had a lot of fun last weekend!
And...
IIIIITTTTTT'SSSSS GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMMMMMMMMMMMMEEEEEEEE DAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!
GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO COOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUUUUUUUUUUGSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!
Post a Comment