Ok, so I was looking around in my blog pages and ran across this post that the never actually did post. I wrote this the beginning September, just after school started. It's funny to read about the transition to my new school. :) I wasn't going to post it, but thought to anyway.
~me~
I started at my new school this week and OH MY GOODNESS, I love it. I have great kids, the staff has been so welcoming, and I feel like I must be dreaming. Don't take that the wrong way, I really did enjoy my previous school, and I absolutely loved the people I worked with. Bridg and Weeeeebecka were such a great team. I really miss working with them, we just had that connection that takes a while to build. I really like my new team, we have lunch together every day, Friday's we go out to lunch (there's a miracle for anyone in education, we LEAVE school for lunch on Fridays), the craziest part is the transition from a team of 3, to a team of 7.
School is going wonderfully. I love my class. I have two behavior kids, but these "behaviors" are things that were looked over and not seen as "important" or "big enough" to deal with at said previous school. I have a full time translator for my sweet student with a hearing impairment, and oh my gosh! Talk about a fabulous woman. I'll be honest, I was a little apprehensive because aids I've had in the past have not been very effective in the classroom, but I am so impressed with her. I love her! She is so nice, friendly, and helps everyone (even me!). It's helping make the transition to LW even easier.
I felt horrible yesterday for one of my girls. I'm not sure how it happened, but she tripped and hit her lip on the edge of one of the supply carts in my room (I have two, one with drawers and one that holds my math manipulatives). I was working with a couple other students, but happened to look up with her running out of the room down the hall. I popped out and asked her where she was going (I had no idea anything was wrong at this point). She said she needed to go to the bathroom, and I said, ok, but she still can't leave wthout permission, that I needed to know where she was. Then I really noticed the tissue wasn't really there for her nose, but her mouth. She finally showed me what happened and told her the restroom wasn't an option, that she needed to go see the nurse. She kept insisting she was
OMG, so another random new school story: one of my super good friend from middle school teaches kindergarten here! We lost touch when we hit high school, but on the first day of trainings and what not, there she was! Talk about small world...
No comments:
Post a Comment