Friday, June 27, 2008

18 months and all is well!

Today was Elijah's 18 month check-up and he is fabulous! Of course, it was a couple weeks late, but close enough. He did wonderfully at the appointment and while getting his immunizations. I always feel bad for the PA's that have to give the shots, but I think they take it with a grain of salt. As soon as his 3 shots were finished and I was able to pick him up, he instantly stopped crying. When we were leaving our nurse let him pick out a sticker and he wanted nothing to do with her...until we turned to walk toward the door and he waved and said "bye bye" to her. Such a sweet kid.

For the nitty gritty things that everyone likes to know (the fun part that we're always asking about):

Height: 33 inches - 69th percentile
Weight: 28 pounds - 76th percentile
Head circumference: 19.5 inches - 96th percentile

The funniest part of the appointment was when Dr. Corcoran asked us if anyone in our family has large heads because, as she put it, "clearly neither of you have large heads," referring to Jess and myself. Yes, big heads are from my Mom's side of the family. hee hee [On a side note - this is Elijah's first appointment/check-up with Dr. Corcoran. He's seen her before, but not as a part of his scheduled routine visits.] Thus far, he has come in in the 95th percentile on head circumference since birth - when he was born Dr. Sleeter said "you are glad he didn't come out the natural way! Not with this head!"

To add to today's excitement, Eli had a juice box with his lunch today. It was so cute watching him sip through the little straw. He is definitely not a baby anymore!

Ahhhhhh....mommy and daddy moment.


*****EDIT******
I hate adding another entry today, but I have to put in a picture of the blanket I just finished. It turned out great and I have to share! :) The pictures don't quite show the true colors, but if you look at it closely, you can tell what is really chocolate, tan, black and white - it reverses to a white anti-pill fleece:

2 comments:

Katharine said...

I gotta say, immunizations are the one good thing about the military.

There is a guy who's only job is to give immunizations. Due to the practice, this guy is FAST! He was doing the third injection by the time Mac figured out what was happening and could react.

I think I almost kissed him. :)

Katharine said...

Can we soon look forward to an exposition of Elijah's works? He seems to have an artistic streak, but is he not ready to share his work yet?

Also, Elijah does seem to bear a striking resemblance to a gentleman I know... someone named Jess. And the resemblance grows in each picture, it's as if they are father and son. :)

I'm glad my little 'blog' update helped you figure out something new about your blog!