I'm really bad at getting pictures of the three of us, so I set up the timer today to get a picture (which is pretty tough with an 18 month old! We at least got him to look at the camera for this one. "Eli, look at the camera, c'mon! Look at the camera and smile" haha) Yeah, this is what we got! Better than nothing and it does show that we do spend time together and actually LIKE each other. HAHA
Last week I took him to Toddler Time at the Maple Valley Community Center. He loved every minute of it. Of course there were other kids around to play with, but he had a good time by himself, too. He's still at that age where kids play next to each other, not necessarily with each other. His favorite things were the bike area (oh my goodness, how he loved the red car with the yellow roof. He climbed in and out of that thing, drove it from the inside and pushed it around. He also truly enjoyed the little slide. I would help him up it then let him go down by himself. SO CUTE! He would pop up, climb up the little ladder, then wait for me to help him get situated again. I just love his little laugh!Three days a week, Eli and I are also watching Liam, our neighbors little boy. He is 8 1/2 months old so I have my hands full during those days. It is fun having him around though. Eli continues to work on social skills in addition to learning how to share his own toys. It's really cute when he goes searching for something he thinks Liam would like to play with then stands there waiting for him to take it from him. SO CUTE! One day after our walk (yes, it was one of the sweltering days, and no, neither of them are actually burnt in the pictures) they were sitting having some Cheerios and I grabbed the camera. They were awfully cute!
"Hey Eli, whatcha doin'? Are you still eating Cheerios? Can I have one?"
Our fourth was pretty quiet and uneventful. Perfect. Our wonderful neighbors came over, we bar-b-que'd, watched movies, chatted, and just hung out. Gordon made wonderful FRESH watermelon margaritas, and Dusti and I dyed her hair. Actually, I did the dying...she did the sitting! :) We had a great time just visiting and catching up (because we never see each other - HAHA). My family was going to come over, but Mom wasn't feeling well. We missed them and hope she feels better soon.
Today we were reading his book out on the patio and Jess took a picture of us.
I actually like this one! It's a miracle!
I actually like this one! It's a miracle!

Shhhhh....I don't think Ryan and Sarah look at this, but I finally finished their onesies for Brooklynn. Two of them I just love, the other two, eh, I'm impartial to. They're ok, I wish they had turned out better, but I'd never done an appliqué before so the crown came out a little goofy and the font I used for the "Princess Brooklynn" just turned out weird. Then the heart one the thread doesn't seem like it covered like it should have. I know I'm being picky, but that's just the way I am. I really want to make her a small stroller/car seat/taggie blanet, but don't want to upset my sister-in-law. I'll have to call her and see if she'd mind. For now, it's just the onesies. Of course I backed the inside of the shirts with an extra soft interfacing so they would be soft next to baby's skin.
Not my favorites, but still kind of cute. Sorry, dark picture!





No comments:
Post a Comment