It's been pretty quiet around here lately. Well, as quiet as a house with a five year old and almost twelve week old can be. Tonight while I was folding diapers and getting them put away when Aerosmith's song "I
Don't Wanna Miss a Thing" came on. Don't get me wrong, I have heard this song a million times, afterall, Armageddon is one of my favorite movies. Tonight, however, was the first time that it brought a tear to my eye thinking about my sweet, sweet boys.
Don't Wanna Miss a Thing" came on. Don't get me wrong, I have heard this song a million times, afterall, Armageddon is one of my favorite movies. Tonight, however, was the first time that it brought a tear to my eye thinking about my sweet, sweet boys.
I could lie awake just to hear you breathing
Watch you smile while you are sleeping
Well you're far away dreaming
I could spend my life in this sweet surrender
And just stay here lost in this moment forever
Well, every moment spent with you
Is a moment I treasure
[Chorus]
I don't wanna close my eyes
I don't wanna fall asleep
'Cause I'd miss you, babe
And I don't wanna miss a thing
'Cause even when I dream of you
The sweetest dream will never do
I'd still miss you, babe
And I don't wanna miss a thing
Watch you smile while you are sleeping
Well you're far away dreaming
I could spend my life in this sweet surrender
And just stay here lost in this moment forever
Well, every moment spent with you
Is a moment I treasure
[Chorus]
I don't wanna close my eyes
I don't wanna fall asleep
'Cause I'd miss you, babe
And I don't wanna miss a thing
'Cause even when I dream of you
The sweetest dream will never do
I'd still miss you, babe
And I don't wanna miss a thing
I know one's children is not why this song was written, but I couldn't help but think about how much our boys mean to me. They are our world. They are so precious and darling. Everything about them, from their amazingly sweet smiles to their most distressed cries. I could watch them sleep for hours on end, and yes, the smiles while they sleep warm my heart. I don't want to miss a moment of their lives. We are so lucky be their parents.
Eli loves Cars2. He has many of the cars and could play with them for hours on end.
Cooper has been drooling for about two weeks now. He has a little white bump on his lower gums. Yes, I do believe it is his first tooth. It's hard and pointy and sharp. We'll see what happens in the next little bit. Two and a half months is a little young to be getting teeth, isn't it!?
Our darling little Cougar.
He is a happy, happy little boy.
Big brother, a little "too cool" for the camera.
No comments:
Post a Comment