That is, he's got a wiggly tooth! Eli is ready to lose his first tooth, we can hardly believe it. Well, maybe not exactly. He has fallen on and run into so many random things, we're probably lucky those two front teeth have held on this long.
At any rate, his top, right front tooth is ready to fall out. He is pretty funny about wiggling it and is excited to lose his first baby tooth. Today, after giving it a little wiggle, he exclaimed, "It's a little farther out!" Jokingly I told him to just grab it and yank it out, thinking he'd look at me and say, "No way!" Instead he reached in and started getting ready to pull. Both Jess and I told him "NO! Don't do it! I was kidding."
You would think that after seeing countless students lose their teeth at school, I would be used to it. In fact, it totally grosses me out. Yes, I am excited for my students to lose their teeth, but please, PLEASE, do not bring that bloodied, nasty thing and stick it in my face. Ewwwwww. It's not nearly as bad with Eli, but I'm not really looking forward to him handing me the tooth once it does fall out. I guess I need to figure out what to do with it when he does lose it.
Do we keep them? I remember running across my brother's and my old teeth once when I was in middle or high school, so clearly my parents kept ours. Then what?
Is it a biohazard to dispose of? If we do dispose of it, how do we do it?
I need some advice. What do you do?
3 comments:
Wow, what a BIG boy. When they lose their teeth, they just seem so big. I always kept mine in these little "tooth chests" my dentist gave me. Eventually as a teenager, I found them and threw them out because I thought they were gross. But when I was a kid, I thought they were pretty cool.
Loose teeth and pulling out teeth totally grosses me out. I don't want to even see them.... but once it's out, doesn't bother me at all. I have kept all of Natalie's. I don't know why really even.... I just can't seem to throw them away, it's like they're a part of her and even though they've fallen out I can't throw them out.
Funny and cute blog entry! Personally I've become pretty immune to the wonderful world of kid's and bodily substances. Dealing with too many runny noses and diaper blowouts I guess. I have to admit having something stuck in my face still bugs me though.
Post a Comment