Sunday, August 15, 2010

We're boiling

Here we are.  The greater Puget Sound region is setting heat records!  At 1:00 we surpassed the record and hit 91 degrees.  At 5 o'clock, we were at a balmy 95 degrees.  Of course, if you know Seattle, this means there is also humidity involved.  Currently, it is still 75 degrees and 75% humidity.  Over the past 2 days I haven't seen the humidity below 73%....you do the math.  We are hot.  We are sticky.  We look for places with air conditioning.

Today, knowing it was going to be hot, we decided to go to the Museum of Flight.  Today was Eli's first time there, and he loved it.  When we left he was already talking about what he wanted to see on his next visit.

Shortly after arriving.  Jess had the camera...proof I was there!
 Watching the planes on the runway.  


He was so excited to sit in the planes and fly.

He really wanted to go downstairs and sit in more planes.  

I knew Alaska was big, but have never seen this comparison.  Holy heck batman!!!  That's a lot of land!

My turn again.  We "flew" something...it had an ejector seat, so it must be fast and for fighting!

Jess's turn!

Eli said he wanted to ride this to the moon.  Tonight.  Sorry kiddo.  Didn't happen.

He's an astronaut!

Aren't they cute!?!  Eli kneeled down just like Jess at first, but the ledge dug into his shins.  Two peas in a pod these days.  

1 comment:

Claire said...

I adore that last picture. So cute! And come on Mom, why can't you get your son to the moon? Sheesh.
I can't believe it's so hot over there! We're just getting normal summer weather. Strange. Do you guys have any air-conditioning upstairs for the bedrooms at least? Hopefully the heat wave will be over soon!