Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Lions and Tigers and Bears OH MY

Eli and I went to the zoo again yesterday.  Unfortunately Jess wasn't able to make it was a Tuesday and he had to go to work.  Eli and I went with our good friends the Lunde's, Missa, and some new friends from Spokane.  It was great!  The weather was gorgeous.

I didn't take many animal pictures, but focused on people this time around.  I have been working on people's eyes in my pictures.  The eyes say it all - so I've been trying to capture that if possible. With the gorgeous weather we had yesterday, I was able to get a few fun shots.

Missa gave each of the boys a quarter and they rolled them down the....whatever this is called.

 Melissa and her gorilla. 

Little Miss Megan.

The boys ran in this cove of trees.  We were all crouched under the branches (except the boys).  While I was taking the picture people kept looking in to see what I was taking pictures of. 

Listening to the zoo keeper talk about the owl.

LOL  Eli wanted this picture of Megs with her squishy face.

Getting a drink out of the fountain completely unassisted.

Chasing after Eric.
 Yep.  That's Missa.

Scott and Leigh-Ann.  And their camera.

My handsome boy.

Best buddies, Eli and Eric.

At the elephant pond - seriously, I had no idea this was even here!  It was great.  You can sit on the cement bleachers and relax while watching the elephants.

Continuing to watch.

Eli jumped in on their family picture - then I missed the smile.  Of course, when I asked if he'd take one with me the answer was "NO."
Eli, Scott, Megan, Eric, Leigh-Ann

Finding our way to the spiders.  Eli HAD to go see the spiders before we left.

No comments: