I tried everything to get the slideshow in my own post, but I can't. I even opened the previous post to try to combine them, but it won't repost it. UGH - so you have to deal with one posting of the text and one with the pictures! :)
Today we pulled out the paint and let Eli do some painting. His favorite part was rubbing it all over his hands and making hand prints. As the reminiscent mother that I am, I love this and kept trying to get the perfect hand prints. We got a few! :)
Before the painting, Ron, our contractor came out and assessed the damage caused by our infestation of Damp Wood Termites. A portion of the beam will need to be replaced. As he put it, "it is going to be a joy for this one." Yes, it is going to be a tough job, our interpretation is that it will also be a pretty expensive job, also. Thankfully, our CC&Rs/HOA cover this job because it is a structural problem and our dues go toward these types of things (similar to the pressure washing and house painting occurring over the next few weeks!). Ron didn't even have a rough estimate as to how much the repair was going to be yet, he is still deciding what the most effective and best way to complete the job is. Our house will have to have supports brought in, raised a few inches to be able to remove and replace the beam, etc. We'll update when we know more!
1 comment:
Yikes. That can't be cheap. Very cool that your HOA will hopefully cover it.
There are some other options, structural mods, that can be cheaper, but require engineering (like replacing only the damaged section of beam with steel)... if you need help with that sort of thing, I might be able to help you guys. I am a registered PE.
Sounds like you've got a good contractor to work with. I would't be surprised if the total cost was 20-40K though.
Post a Comment