It all started as I was pulling some fleece off the shelf. The fabric was stuffed in so tighly, it was quite difficult to pull it out. Apparently, as I was pulling it, the top of the bolt must have caught on their signage that extends the length of the wall. There wasn't much space between the top of the bolts of fabric and the sign-apparently! The entire sign crashed to the floor, nailing me on the top of the head, and bounced down Eli's back! I'm not sure how long the sign truly was, but it was pretty long, at least 10 feet and the crash was not quiet. It was pretty loud. If any of the employees missed the banging coming from where we were, Eli's reaction sure wasn't something one could miss. He rarely screams or cries that hard, but I had to work to calm him down. If you know our Eli, he is so easy going and moves on quickly. Not this time. At no point did anyone come over to see what was going on or why there was such a ruckus where we were. I finally got the other bolts of fabric pushed back in and went LOOKING for an employee to pick up their sign - it wasn't my responsibility to do so. As Eli and I were looking for someone, I kept checking the top of my head because it felt like I was bleeding, thankfully I wasn't. Upon finding an employee, it took a while before she actually acknoledged me and when I told her what had happened she, and the other gal who was near her, simply responded with "Oh. Huh. Ok. Where was that again?" Not once was I asked if either one of us was hurt. They stayed right where they were and continued what they were doing. We walked back to the fleece section and got the fabric we needed, as this was the only place I knew had what we were looking for and I had a coupon to use. We headed back to the cutting counter, where we reported the whole incident in the first place. FINALLY the gal I reported it to moseyed over and looked where I walk talking about and came back with the sign. Since nothing was said to us up to this point, I thought maybe they would ask if either one of us had gotten hurt, still nothing! I couldn't believe it. When I got home, I looked up their corporate office number and called to report the incident. Not because Eli and I got hurt, but because there was so little concern on the employees behalf. Something much more serious could have happened and having worked in a retail store, there are protocols that should have been followed, or at least ask if we were ok! Today's day in age, too many people are sue happy, I would like to think they'd like to cover their behinds just in case. Apparently I have the wrong idea.
2 days later, I still have a small bump on the top of my head and it is still quite sore to the touch. Eli has one long and one short bruise down the back of his shoulder (yesterday it was 3 distinct bruises down his back, but today the top two have combined making one long one).
I am still amazed we didn't even get a simple "are you ok?" Is that too much to ask?
On a side note, Eli and I made banana bread today! It is so yummy! I don't think I've made banana bread since well before Jess and I got married. Maybe I'll have to do this more often!
1 comment:
Wow, that's ridiculous! I believe that for the most part, customer service is dead. I'm glad you guys weren't seriously injured. Banana bread makes everything better eh? -C
Post a Comment