Yesterday my parents came over to help us replace a board on our house. Everyone thought this would be a pretty easy project. Remove 3 deck boards, take off said broken board, prime new board, nail new board on, caulk, wha-lah! Finished. Well, as projects tend to go, this is not how the morning went.
After Jess and Dad pulled off this board, they found another that had evidence of bug activity - but not recent activity. We thought, oh thank goodness, at least it's from a long time ago, we'll take that out too, and move on. Unfortunately, once they got farther into the project, it was no longer previous activity, but a nest of termites was found. What ugly little vile creatures.
After calls to Orkin and Terminex, we have people coming out tomorrow to give us estimates on damage and exterminating them. Another aspect of owning a home, right?! Of course, the neighborhood is being pressure washed and painted starting when?! TOMORROW!
On a side note, we went to the Enumclaw King County Fair last night, what a blast! Oddly, I didn't take our camera, so ended up with pictures off my cell. We went with friends, Brad, Bonnie, and Isabelle. The kids, and the adults, loved walking around and seeing all the animals. People watching is always amusing at the fair too. Sometimes I wonder where people come from. Amazing. Brad got Eli and Isabelle tickets to go on the little boat and to ride the cars. Oh my gosh! They both loved it. I couldn't believe the smile on Eli's little face. Those handsome brown eyes were gleaming when he got off. So cute! I'll try to remember to upload pictures later. After the boat and cars, we went down the huge blowup slide. Of course we all had fun on this. Eli and I got to go down twice, and Jess and Eli went down once before leaving. FUN!
2 comments:
Home projects are no fun. We've learned that sometimes you just don't bother with things because you don't want to "open a can of worms"! I suppose though that with termites you don't really have the option to ignore this little problem. Good luck!
LOL Yeah, sometimes just avoiding the project altogether is a great idea, this one would be really bad to neglect I think! :) LOL
Post a Comment