We've actually kept pretty busy around here since we got back from our Spokane trip, although, except for seeing the Maguires, we haven't really done a whole lot. Our fabulous friends, whom we have missed terrible since they moved cross country, were out for her sister's wedding. We got to see them at a birthday party for Mac. How in the world this little boy will be two in a matter of days (3 of them to be exact), I don't know. That means in 4 months and 4 days Eli will be 2....and in 3 months, less one day, Forest will be 2. Our trio of boys are getting so big! It's cliche' but, man, time sure is flying by.
I'm sad the picture I got of KC was less than desirable, so I am going to save her and not post it. Oddly enough, I didn't take very many pictures while we were there - which is SO unlike me. I am typically hiding behind my camera. I didn't even get any pictures of the boys playing together. How is that possible?!?! I borrowed this one from Katharine - thanks!
We've played outside, inside, and everywhere in between. Literally. Eli has decided that the lazy-susan corner cabinet was a great new hiding place - for himself and his trucks.

I've also been working on a few projects. I am working on a design for a lunch bag. I have one completed, but totally changed the pattern and am going to add some elastic on the inside to hold silverware - and am thinking about a water bottle. I'm not sure about the waterbottle since they come in so many different sizes. Now that I think about it more, probably just for silverware and a little pocket. I am also going to add a button close (elastic to stretch around it) again, I'm still working on this idea. My second project is a pair of denim capris. I got a pattern for this so it's not all me. I started working on them last night, but haven't finished them yet. And my final project was the bathtub faucet. The builders put in this horrible little plastic handle thing that has to be replaced every year. When it broke again yesterday, I decided I'd had enough. I bought a nice Moen one, however the pin (I don't know what else to call it - some little part on the inside of the mechanism) is the wrong size and to get that to fit you have to completely change some of the piping - yeah, not going to do that. At least not without my dad's help! :) I'm really bummed it didn't work out - 1) I hate the plastic thing, and 2) I had to go back to the store at 6:45 to get the plastic parts so Eli could have a bath last night before bed! Here is my first attempt at a lunch bag and my last blanket - I love the construction fabric!

In other news, this is my last week of summer vacation. Next week I have new-hire trainings 3 days, the other two I desperately need to go in and get my classroom up to par. I have unpacking to do and of course getting ready for the first day of school! So much to do! Maybe Eli and I will go in at some point this week to work.
Yesterday we had a lot of fun playing together. After his snack, which he decided on lemon yogurt, he was in a fabulous mood so he and I had to take a picture of ourselves (further justifying the camera situation). I love this kid more than anything! He's such a sweetheart - even though he has hit some of the dreaded "Terrible Two" moments. We deal with these as they arise....

At my baby shower before Eli was born, Jess's mom brought over the cross that was hanging in his room as a kid. We totally forgot about it and I ran across it the other day. I decided to surprise Jess and hung it up in Eli's room.
1 comment:
Stel, your blankie's kinda make me wanna have babies just so you can make blankets for them. They're so flippin' adorable! You've found your groove lady:)
And ok, that picture of Eli "hiding"? I've decided that your little boy is channeling his mommy quite a bit, because that just has you written all over it. Well, to me it does;) Take care and good luck getting the new classroom prepared!
Post a Comment