Wow. I can't believe it's been two months since my last post. Okay, actually, I can. It seems like forever since my last post. Things seem to have been going on fast forward since school got out in June.
Things haven't slowed down yet. After attending the week long GLAD re-certification the beginning of June, the boys and I spent a week or two together before Eli started sports camp with his buddies. He LOVED it. He was with a number of his friends for a week learning about baseball, basketball and soccer. He really enjoyed basketball but says it's too hard so doesn't want to play it. Which is fine. He's already in soccer, t-ball, and swimming lessons. Once he starts school, I know he'll learn more about it then and if he decides he wants to play, then we'll explore that road if it comes up then.
The previous week was when my parents' house closed and they moved to Arizona. It's official, they are now residents of the Grand Canyon State or the Copper State depending on who you ask. The boys and I spent three days helping them get ready before their long drive to their new home. I am very excited for them, this is their dream...and we have a great vacation place!
The beginning of August brought the demonstration part of the GLAD training we started just after school got out for the summer. I had such a good time working with Andrea as we shared GLAD strategies with a "real" class. Because we don't have summer school, a selection of kids came to school for a week to learn about forests of Washington while we presented to the teachers. It was the first time we've done a training with one solo teacher and a coach for the teacher participants. It went really well and we got great feedback from the teacher participants. The kids were great and we had a fun week together.
As soon as the training was over, I hurried home, took Oliver to a friend's house and we hit the road. We spent a day and a half in Spokane with Jess's family then we're off to Montana to visit my family. My uncle is fighting cancer, both non-Hodgkin's Lymphoma and Leukemia, and was very sick. We spent five days in Billings with family. It was great to see family, but a very difficult time emotionally. They have been fighting this for so long, they sure can use all the prayers you have. During our trip we made stops at ZooMontana and the Old Montana State Prison in Deer Lodge. I will post pictures soon.
Now that we're home, I've been trying to catch up on a week and a half of laundry, unpacking, getting my classroom set up, and playing with our new little crawler! After spending one day with his little buddy Jack, Cooper finally decided to take his backwards scoot to the full-fledged forward crawl! It is a little clunky and laborious, but he's got it and is crawling. I think this weekend brings the installation of the cabinet locks for the kitchen and bathroom sinks....
No comments:
Post a Comment