On MLK Day, Eli and I got to spend the day at home. I love these special days that we don't often get together. Ok, they're much more frequent than other people can have with their kids, I know, but still. I really would like to have more of them! Anyway, on this day, we decided to go for a walk with our friends. It was kind of chilly when we left so I told Eli he could choose any coat he wanted for our walk. Miraculously enough, he chose this one! His puppy dog raincoat. I think he's worn it a small handful of times (is that really a handful then?) but loved it this day. Isn't he adorable in that little puppy coat?! I of course had to take pictures because anyone knowing of this coat would know he doesn't choose it often and probably wouldn't believe me if I hadn't gotten proof.
Later that day while I was cleaning up from lunch, he wanted to play in the sink with the bubbles. He loves the bubbles and didn't want to play in the big bubbles, aka the bathtub, so here he was playing away.

Wednesday brought another opportunity for Mommy and Me time. However, he really wasn't so keen on part of the reasoning in why we got to stay home. He had his 3 year well child check-up. Of course he's doing well, but didn't exactly have a very enjoyable afternoon. He ended up getting 3 shots, his last chicken pox immunization, flu shot and H1N1 shot as well. For the first time, our little boy went on a sympathy quest. After waking up from his nap, his leg was sore, totally expected! But he would stand there whining, "Mommy, pick me up. Caaaan't walk. My leg hurts!" Over and over. And Over. Oh...and over...
Anyway, after Grandma and Papa came over for dinner, all was well and he was a happy, chipper little boy again. Anyway, our little guy is 34.5 lbs (74th percentile) and 38.5 inches (68th percentile). He even learned his right from his left while we were at his appointment! :)
Yesterday Eli and I were just goofing around and took a couple pictures of ourselves. Here we are, saying hi to you and your family! Hope all is well!


No comments:
Post a Comment