Saturday, January 16, 2010

It's Amazing: Look At All These Posts


Since Eli is wanting to watch a little Phineas and Ferb up here, I thought "What the heck, I might as well do some more updating!"

I've already shared our holiday festivities and Eli's wonderful news of working on potty training - which is going really well! We're starting to cut back on the car rewards for going potty in the potty. Now we only give them to him if/when he remembers and asks for one. He doesn't do it nearly as often, but about once a day he'll ask for his "potty car."


I snapped this picture today. There's something about it that I love. We tend to just get pictures during his adventuresome, playful moments, but there's something about this picture that I love. Maybe it's the bashfulness? The independence? The "leave me the heck alone, Mommy!" feel. I don't know. Whatever it is, I still like it!


Back in November I went to a training, my class was actually the model/demonstration class during the morning, for GLAD (Guided Language Acquisition Design). I have since been incorporating many of these strategies in my teaching. Our superintendent and building principals are very supportive in this teaching strategy/model (which is GREAT), and have decided to put 8 people in our district through the Tier II Training - training to become a trainer. I get to go through this training! It will be quite the time commitment, but I am so very excited for this opportunity! Having seen the impact on learning with my students, I am sold. Next year will be intense, but so worth it! I just have to get through the month of February. Granted, this month is short on school days due to Presidents Week off (Mid Winter Break), and being a short month as it is, leaving 15 days that school is in session. Of these days, I will be in an EIGHT day training. Thankfully I have a wonderful guest teacher that I can count on to continue to provide my students with high level thinking opportunities and continued learning.

Now for my next task: get my current Professional Certification assignment complete before Thursday's meeting, fill out the application for the GLAD training, get two required videos created before the first day of training (Feb. 10). Busy, busy, busy!

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

I'm posting all of my comments for your last three posts here.... so here goes!

It sounds like you guys has a great Christmas! I love the family pics in front of the tree! We missed getting those somehow this year..... oops!

It also sounds like you had a fun New Years! We had a similar New Years here! Betsy and Justin, and Charley and Kelsey came up on the eve and we played card games and did puzzles and a bunch of other stuff! It was a lot of fun!

Way to go Eli for being fully potty trained! That is a huge step! Alexis is doing so well too! We're not doing the 3-day thing you sent me, but we are using techniques from it! She's only having about an accident a day now! She's even asking when we're in public and she's in a diaper! YAY!

That training opportunity you have sounds very interesting, and fun! That is so cool that your class is the one who really got to benefit from the training, and will continue getting that specialized teaching!