There really isn't a lot to report this time around, other than over the last two days we've moved on again in the potty training. (If you don't want to know about potty training, don't finish this paragraph) Peeing has been great for our little man. 99% of the time he'll tell us that he needs to go and start heading for the bathroom. The other end has been more of a challenge. Frequently, he'll go 4, 5, 6 days without going. The last week has really shown some progress. Not only has he actually been going more often, we're down to two or three days in between, but he even had his first BM at the babysitter's house! The same day, somehow the little blue "pee pee cover" fell off and didn't make it to her house, which meant Eli had to do his business standing up. Since then that's all he does to pee! It's just a funny picture. He's barely tall enough to reach, but he hasn't missed a drop yet. I wonder how long THAT will last....
We had a very pretty Pacific Northwest afternoon today, the sun was shining, it was warm (especially for being Feb. 5), and Eli wanted to play outside. Out we ventured. I decided I would take the camera and see what kind of pictures we would end up with. The two from today are Eli's back, but both Jess and I like the pictures.

We both love the splash in this shot. The droplets of water surrounding his ankles. What a truly boy moment. At one point walking down the sidewalk, he turned around and went back to the smallest puddle ever, I'm not sure you could even CALL it a puddle, and he stated, "I missed one!" then he proceeded to jump "in" it.

Mr. Speedy was having a great time running outside today. He wanted nothing to do with actually walking with us. He had to be 50-100 feet ahead at all times.
This picture is actually from earlier in the week (last week maybe?), but I love it. This is his wonderful car. He likes to take it for a spin around the block, driving both Mom and Dad off the sidewalk or running over our ankles. If we walk to slow, he'll inform us that we need to follow him and to move out of the way.
He sure is a cute and humorous kid. We are very lucky.
1 comment:
how cute! Thanks for the update! Carl is a puddle kid also. He manages to find the only muddy one!
Post a Comment