I finally decided to upload some pictures from our weekend in Spokane two weeks ago and just hanging out this past weekend. Monday I took my class to Shadow Lake Bog for a field trip, so I prepared by taking Eli and Jess through on Sunday. It was a beautiful day and Eli enjoyed walking the boardwalk and Jess was a good sport and let me share my wealth of knowledge with him.

Here we are at the bog. It wasn't very easy to get the picture, but this is what we have! Something with the three of us at least - that's a rare occurrence.
Unfortunately, due to bus constraints, when I took my students, we were on limited time and I had 20 minutes to take each of my two groups through the bog. It still worked out as it was pretty cold and windy (thank goodness there wasn't any rain though!). I didn't get to share anything close to my collection of facts, but the kids seemed to have gotten a lot out of it and enjoyed their visit.
Today I was out of the classroom while I participated in a GLAD (Guided Language Acquisition D.....something) training, basically better techniques to teach for ELL students, although it's totally how I am as a learner, and it is designed to push all students, not just English language learners. I am lucky and will get to see more of these techniques first hand come the end of Nov., when there will be a 5 day demo in a classroom - in MY classroom! I'm really excited for this opportunity.
Here are some pictures from the past two weeks:
Our sweet niece, Kendra, waiting patiently for her turn to go back into the game.

Our fabulous nephew, Cameron. He is a great QB!
(What are the odds that they would both be #7 on their respective teams?! They did not get the choice in numbers!)
King of the tumbleweed at Cam's football game. Who knew tumbleweed was so much fun!
Eli had so much fun playing in the weeds!
Patiently riding in the car.
This is what happens when you aren't paying attention to your quiet toddler in the backseat. He puts fruit snacks in his toes.
Three totally cute cousins.
Here he is playing on the toys at a local elementary school - not mine.
1 comment:
There are some really cute pictures of Eli in this post!! <3
-C
Post a Comment